What's new

AdGuardHome There are tons of dnsproxy error messages occuring on syslog.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jklim

Occasional Visitor
Hello All,

I want to let you know my setup information before asking about my issue. I configured Asus-merlin(3004.388.8)+AdguardHome(1.7.4) on the RT-AX88U and I installed many addons, like a RTRMON, vnStat, ntpMerlin, scMerlin, spdMerlin, etc.
But, I find tons of error messages are occurring on syslog. I attach one line of error message below. Also, that kind of error message occurs for every public DNS IP that I inserted all of IPs/URLs on the upstream DNS server.

Jul 26 19:05:23 RouterName AdGuardHome[9442]: 2024/07/26 19:05:23.105513 [error] dnsproxy: 210.220.163.82:53: response received over udp: "exchanging with 210.220.163.82:53 over udp: read udp RouterExternalIP:59962->210.220.163.82:53: i/o timeout"

I can't find something wrong with the internet connection or browsing. However, I think this error might've impacted resources or something inoperative. Did anybody have this kind of issue? If so, Could you help me to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:
Hello All,

I want to let you know my setup information before asking about my issue. I configured Asus-merlin(3004.388.8)+AdguardHome(1.7.4) on the RT-AX88U and I installed many addons, like a RTRMON, vnStat, ntpMerlin, scMerlin, spdMerlin, etc.
But, I find tons of error messages are occurring on syslog. I attach one line of error message below. Also, that kind of error message occurs for every public DNS IP that I inserted all of IPs/URLs on the upstream DNS server.

I can't find something wrong with the internet connection or browsing. However, I think this error might've impacted resources or something inoperative. Did anybody have this kind of issue? If so, Could you help me to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Known issue with adguardhome. It usually is related to the upstream servers chosen by the user. If you are able to load web pages just fine, and do stuff like you normally would on the internet, then I would ignore the logs. The problem is these logs are meant for "debugging" possible issues, but for some reason adguardhome developers do not hide the debug logs. These logs generate from a single query failure due to the request timing out which is usually among hundreds to thousands successful ones that you don't see.

Last edited:
Known issue with adguardhome. It usually is related to the upstream servers chosen by the user. If you are able to load web pages just fine, and do stuff like you normally would on the internet, then I would ignore the logs. The problem is these logs are meant for "debugging" possible issues, but for some reason adguardhome developers do not hide the debug logs. These logs generate from a single query failure due to the request timing out which is usually among hundreds to thousands successful ones that you don't see.
Hello SWOTRB,
I appreciate for your reply. I'll look into how to reduce that debugging level or suppress that logs.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!