What's new

Thoughts on RT-AX82?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rob Q

I've just ordered the RT-AX82U to replace my RT-AC1900P (since it's entering EOL according to Merlin). Since it works perfectly, I'm not going to toss the AC1900P. The AX82U will be the main router to handle all the WiFi 6 devices in the house which are connected on the 5 GHz band and I plan to use the old router as a secondary for only the 2.4 GHz band to improve the quality.

Would I have to configure them to use AiMesh?
Could I create a WiFi bridge between the two of them on only the 2.4 GHz band?

Lastly, and more importantly, what are your thoughts on the AX82 compared to the AC1900P?

IMO, the best part of the AC1900P compared to the AX82 is the former is supported by FreshTomato and DD-WRT! That won't help w/ AIMesh, but just about everything else will improve in terms of capabilities.