What's new

Three floor WLAN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

marclapointe

New Around Here
hi,

similar problem...

trying to figure out what is the best option for network deployment in large building 40mx20m 3 - floors
bought recently the router N55U and configure a primary wireless network and 2 guest networks (2.4Ghz and other 5Ghz)
But the signal is way too weak to cover the whole building.
find below a brief description of the situation :
|________2__| basement with 2nd Access Point (2)

1- In this configuration is APs the right solutions
2- I was tempted to go for this Asus RT-N15U that support apparently multi SSIDs but I am not quite sure this can be done in my situation where I would use this device as an AP to extend my signal for the primary network and the guest network.

Can you advise as what is the best solution to extend both networks (primary and guest)?
:confused:

Connect the APs to router via Ethernet. If that isn't possible, use powerline to connect them

Thanks Tim,

My question was more to know if this device could handle multi SSID in AP mode.
If someone use the same config ?
See? I don't want to buy this and find that I can have only one SSID in AP mode and then endng up not being able to extend the guest network

thanks anyway. my question was not as clear as I wanted it :eek:

If you connect via the Ethernet port, all product features should work.

I am not sure if you can use multiple SSIDs in repeater mode.

Thank you very much Tim

Very useful indeed.

I also notice a review you wrote on TP Link TL-WDR3500. In my configuration
Asus n55u in a 3 floor WLAN with guest networks on 2.4 and 5Ghz would you advise this as AP more than my previous idea of the asus N15U ?

Why are you considering a change to the TP-Link? If the ASUS does what you need, there is no need to change.