What's new

Time Capsule died- need an alternative

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Abbas

Occasional Visitor
I've had the first generation of Time Capsule for a long time now and for some reason, it doesn't want to connect to my ISP anymore (PPPoE.) I borrowed a Linksys E4200 but was surprised to see the bad range. I live in a two story villa and if I close my bedroom door, I dont get any signal- this was not an issue with the Time Capsule.

So any suggestions other than the new Time Capsule? Would love to get something that can handle Bit Torrents on the router. ASUS seems a good choice but is not available in Dubai.

You got better range with your first gen Time Capsule than an E4200? Did you try to reposition the E4200? Sounds a bit odd.

Brand new Time Capsule's were just recently released. Maybe consider a new one if you had such good luck with your first gen unit.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online