What's new

Time for new router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tsunami2311

So i have noticed the tool Dns Bench is coming back with ALOT dns servers be unreliable including the router 192.161.1.1 and when connecting to web site the "connecting" seem to be getting longer longer before it get to loading the page.

F@st 5268 is my router, and I know it terrible router and underpower as it does not take much activity to cause router to have slow down, I have Netgear CM600 powering that, which give me 500/20 of the 400/20 i provisioned. I kind just left it be cause it worked, but now DNS test are show alot servers unreliable and including the router which last thing that should be reporting that as for as I aware? I have done ping to my router and comes back as 0ms as min/max and 0% loss. None the less even that is reporting unreliable, if router is have issue will this cause such dns unreliability in router and many of the the other DNS i tested?

I been thinking of getting Asus AX56u or Asus AX86u again both of which are support by merlin at this point, both of which are faster more powerful (cpu and memory wise) which should speed things up atlest from router side of thing possible give me better wifi signal/range. then that f@st 5260 router that I cant even change DNS because if ISP provided router

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online