What's new

Too much information/choices to pick from

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BabiesNBellies

New Around Here
So I have been reading the forums and reviews on this site as well as many others and I just can't pick a NAS that would best suit my needs. I have a part time photography biz and each shoot I do is anywhere from 2GB to 6GB worth of files so I eat up disk space. Being a parttime biz I don't have a lot of money to invest but have looked at QNAP TS-410 and the Smartstor NS4600 and think these are close to what I need. Right now I am using an apple Time Capsule which is working fine but in 6 months I have filled up half of it up already. Both my wife and I use our laptops to access the photos and when done wireless it can be a tad slow. I guess I should list my needs and cut to the point:

Large storage space
protection of files (if one drive fails I don't want to loose everything)
fast
easy to use

Somethings I have seen that my wife would love would be able to put photos of our kids in a folder and share it via web for the family and friends can see (forget which nas I saw this on)

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

No company is perfect. I haven't used phone or other support resources of any of the products I've reviewed. I have used Forums. What are you looking for from the company you buy from?

Of the two companies you mentioned, QNAP's phone support resources are limited, but they have good forums. I'd stay away from Promise because of too many negative comments about their products and slow rate of product introduction.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!