What's new

TOR on ASUS and VPN from LAN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kuzmwitch

New Around Here
Hi

Previously in FW RT-AC66U_380.62_1 I use without problem VPN Tracker software for admin remote office behind TOR switched ON on my router. As I not mistaken VPN Tracker use UDP 500, 143, 53 .
MY router RT-AC66U version B0
After any new FW Upgrade I can't use it any more - ports are blocked
I do rooter RESET , write PortForward or PortTriger but it doesn't help

Is any possibility to start TOR on router make same changes and use selected LAN host behind it to use VPN Tracker May be some script or change setting using SSH

And what settings must be for System log for maximum information output
Default is notice/debug ( Administration -> Systen -> Logging )

Thanks for any advice
Best regards Sergey

Previously in FW RT-AC66U_380.62_1 I use without problem VPN Tracker software for admin remote office behind TOR switched ON on my router...
Tor will only route TCP. A properly configured Tor firewall will block all other outbound traffic. So, you would need to re-configure your VPN client to connect with the VPN server using only TCP. The reason why it works (for you) on the stock firmware is because some of your traffic goes around the Tor network. Your anonymity has been compromised; they know where you live.

Last edited: