What's new

TP-link C5 Archer coming soon? Or C7 Archer now

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

azazel1024

Very Senior Member
I notice on TP-Links international website they have a C5 Archer 450/867 router listed as coming soon.

Anyone have any more info on it? It seems like it is the C7, but having a single 5GHz radio cut out, otherwise pretty close to identical. I am wondering if this has the Broadcom client issue fixed or not.

I'd like to get the C7, but the issues some people are running in to makes me nervous. Anyone have experience with any of the issues.

I've read a couple of people that have said greatly reduced speed and also dropped connections. I ran across Timothy Hoogland's blog where he has a couple of beta firmwares that at least seem to fix the speed issues, but apparently not the dropped connection issues.

Anyone know what that is about? Are we talking constant drops? Or is it just occasional disconnects, like every day or two. Rebooting help? Does the thing have scheduled power on/off mode that might fix it by scheduling a power off once a day or something?

I am thinking of getting it as an AP to replace a Netgear 3500L and other than possible Broadcom client issues, it seems like the best bang for the buck.

I am also thinking I just might pick it up (or if the C5 is out by then and cheaper, try getting that) and if I need to rely on Amazon's great return service.

My only current AC client is an Intel 7260ac, but I do have a couple of Broadcom 2.4/5GHz 11n clients (in my Asus T100, iPad 2, iPhone 4s/5 and not sure what is in my Asus Memo Pad HD7). I don't plan on any 802.11ac Broadcom clients any time soon, but that doesn't mean it won't happen.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!