What's new

Tp-Link with TDMA

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rioven

New Around Here
Hi,
I'm newbie here that's need to be spoon-feed with info about Wi-Fi :eek:. I'm quite interested with the latest Tp-Link CPE510. Are TDMA superior than normal Wi-Fi or just another marketing hype??

p/s : I heard there are others brand that using proprietary TDMA technology, cant remember its name.

http://www.tp-link.com.de/article/?faqid=694

shows their TDMA protocol is used for intrasystem backhaul. Client devices couldn't / wouldn't use it.

TDMA in backhaul and point to point microwave and many other services, including ye ole TDM long lines telephone system, is a good thing for service level assurance.

WiFi access by client devices in 802.11 is of course not TDM/TDMA for good reasons, but it does have overhead and shortcomings when the scale and traffic loads go up.

We'll not see TDM/TDMA in access devices for clients anytime soon, where IEEE 802.11 is involved.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!