What's new

Traffic analyser not working AC-3200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jb68

Regular Contributor
Hi,

I'm using ASUS RT-AC3200 Firmware version 9.0.0.4.380.2695 (beta) and it's not recording the traffic on my Mac on the 5ghz-1 band.

Any ideas ?

Please check:
1. NTP sync is done or not? you can check nvram ntp_ready=1
2. DPI engine in AC3200 can't record correct traffic well due to SDK

You means "NTP doesn't work", isn't it?
I have added new mechanism into my function of asuswrt, please wait for new normal release. If you don't want to wait, please follow some steps to make this function work well.
1. check ntp sync is OK (ntp_ready = 1), please don't set nvram by yourself, if ntp never works, please try to change your ntp server.
2. use telnet to wake hour_monitor up
- hour_monitor & (this is command line)

Hi,

Not sure how the Time Settings work to be honest.

If I set it to GMT, it will not update, I have to set it to GMT Dublin, London etc, but the DST settings appear for this i.e. DST time zone changes starts and when it ends, do I have to manually do this to get the router to update the correct time, the other GMT setting fails to update, but the Adaptive QOS Download and Upload Graph will still not work on this beta, flash the latest Stable Build and works perfect, I'm not sure what is going on.

Also, on Safari with this beta, if i change the priority mode for QOS, it does not work and have to use Chrome.

Hi,

1. Don't worry. You just need to check your time is correct or not as below. (my timezone is +08:00)
2016-04-19_004912.png

I know you have DST, but not need to consider this, when you setup the correct DST and you check your system time is correct, it must be done the NTP sync.

2. Yes, I know what you mention about bandwidth monitor works abnormally due to SDK changes, I am proceeding to fix in next normal release.

3. Really? using safari to setup doesn't take effect, I will tell my colleague to check.

Thanks,
ASUS Vanic

Hi, yeah, there's problems with Safari. Just says applying. But nothing happens.

The uclibc version used by Asuswrt predates the numerous DST changes of the last few years. Try manually configuring your DST settings on that page rather than rely on it automatically updating.

@jb68 : Safari can duplicate this issue, I have forwarded to my colleague to check how to fix.

Thanks,
Vanic