What's new

traffic stats to USB problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

besticles

New Around Here
I'm having some problems getting my traffic stats to save to my usb stick. It seems to update the files every hour but it resets them after a reboot. I have a RT-N66U with build 3.0.0.4_266.23b. I attached a couple pics of my configs.

It looks like the router is resetting the data files???

Attachments

• router.jpg
    router.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 499
  • telnet.jpg
    telnet.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 454
The datafile reset probably only happened after your next reboot.

I attached 2 screen shots. The first is the graph before a reboot... the 2nd is after the reboot. If I have everything setup correctly shouldn't the graphs display the same information??? The after reboot graph is blank, like nothing was actually saved to the USB stick. I have been assuming that the graphs would still be populated after the reboot if the datafiles were actually being saved on the USB stick.

Attachments

• before reboot.jpg
    before reboot.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 541
  • after reboot.jpg
    after reboot.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 271
I attached 2 screen shots. The first is the graph before a reboot... the 2nd is after the reboot. If I have everything setup correctly shouldn't the graphs display the same information??? The after reboot graph is blank, like nothing was actually saved to the USB stick. I have been assuming that the graphs would still be populated after the reboot if the datafiles were actually being saved on the USB stick.

Check the System Log, it will report if it had trouble reloading the data file.

My logs looked ok.... So I tried a couple other things, one of them must have worked. First I factory reset the router then I formatted the USB stick as ext3 (it was FAT32). I'm assuming the factory reset fixed it, I forgot to do one after upgrading from the stock firmware. All the stats remain after a reboot when viewing Daily/Monthly charts. The only thing that doesn't show up is the graph on "Last 24 Hours". The graph still seems to reset itself after each reboot... I'm not concerned about the graph, all the information I want is now saving. Thanks for your help.

My logs looked ok.... So I tried a couple other things, one of them must have worked. First I factory reset the router then I formatted the USB stick as ext3 (it was FAT32). I'm assuming the factory reset fixed it, I forgot to do one after upgrading from the stock firmware. All the stats remain after a reboot when viewing Daily/Monthly charts. The only thing that doesn't show up is the graph on "Last 24 Hours". The graph still seems to reset itself after each reboot... I'm not concerned about the graph, all the information I want is now saving. Thanks for your help.

Last 24-hours: that's normal. To avoid making the data file insanely large, the data file only contains daily data, not hourly.