What's new

TUF-AX5400 - 3004.388.7_x or .6_x issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

1976saint

Occasional Visitor
I've had to revert my TUF-AX5400 twice now from 3004.388.7_x back to 3004.388.5-gnuton1_tuf.

On both occasions the GUI slowed to a crawl and wifi seems to be up but devices drop for access then come back, drop etc. I struggle to ping devices from a connected managed switch with big millisecond swings, from 32 - 400+. My only option is to factory reset and then downgrade the firmware.

I originally had 388.5, upgraded to 388.7 then dropped back to 388.6 but this too had the same issues even after another factory reset.

I eventually had to factory reset for a 3rd time and go back to 388.5. where everything is stable again.

I do have two other asus mesh devices on this network but after doing a factory reset on the AX5400 these obviously needed to be reset to get them to join. When updating to 388.6 I didn't bother with readding them due to the issues I had with 7. With .5 back on the router I added the mesh devices fine.

I'm pretty reluctant to install the new .8 Firmware as I'm worried it will do the same, most of my family work from home at some point during the week so rely on it.

The reason for trying to upgrade was that occasionally it appears to reboot / or drop wifi access.

Any feedback regards the 388.7 FW and a AX5400 appriciated.

For my confirmation, you're using 3004.388.7_1-gnuton1 FW for upgrade right? Merlin FW does not directly support TUF-AX5400

Appologies, I realise this is the merlin FW thread, is there a gnuton thread this can be moved to?

.7_1 and .6 sre the ones I've tried to upgrade to - currently I'm on:

TUF-AX5400
Current Version : 3004.388.5-gnuton1_tuf