What's new

Unable to access router config page on R7000. Please help!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

phoenix90

Occasional Visitor
So I just got the Netgear R7000 and I am facing a problem accessing the router configuration page on Windows. All my android devices can open this page via wifi without any issues. But with Windows, even with wifi and ethernet cable, I am unable to open the router login page.

I get an "Unable to connect" error on Edge browser. "Err_connection_reset" on Chrome. Unfortunately, since I am here as a student, I only have one laptop with me at the moment. So can't test this with another laptop.

Pinging 192.168.1.1 shows that there is no problem with the connection. But none of my browsers on Windows are opening the Router settings page. I wanted to flash Xvortex on this router but cant do so as I cant reach the page.

I have reset the router several times. Still, nothing!

My system runs Windows 10.

I believe I only have a 7day return window for the router. And returns here seem to be a hassle because if it works on their system, I may have to pay a testing fee. Nothing suggests its the routers fault. LAN lights are ON when connected via ethernet. I can ping 192.168.1.1 with no packets lost. Can access router page via Wifi on my phones and tablets.

Please help me with this.

So I just got the Netgear R7000 and I am facing a problem accessing the router configuration page on Windows. All my android devices can open this page via wifi without any issues. But with Windows, even with wifi and ethernet cable, I am unable to open the router login page.

I get an "Unable to connect" error on Edge browser. "Err_connection_reset" on Chrome. Unfortunately, since I am here as a student, I only have one laptop with me at the moment. So can't test this with another laptop.

Pinging 192.168.1.1 shows that there is no problem with the connection. But none of my browsers on Windows are opening the Router settings page. I wanted to flash Xvortex on this router but cant do so as I cant reach the page.

I have reset the router several times. Still, nothing!

My system runs Windows 10.

I believe I only have a 7day return window for the router. And returns here seem to be a hassle because if it works on their system, I may have to pay a testing fee. Nothing suggests its the routers fault. LAN lights are ON when connected via ethernet. I can ping 192.168.1.1 with no packets lost. Can access router page via Wifi on my phones and tablets.

Please help me with this.
Did you try different browser to access page.

Internet explorer

Search in start menu and look for "Internet Explorer (no Add-ons) "
I manually disabled all addons in IE as there was no seperate IE shortcut for safemode.(No addons) But again, its " Unable to connect" on IE and Microsoft edge and "Connection reset" on Chrome and firefox.

I manually disabled all addons in IE as there was no seperate IE shortcut for safemode.(No addons) But again, its " Unable to connect" on IE and Microsoft edge and "Connection reset" on Chrome and firefox.

Ping works fine, yet no browser is able to access the webpage. My recommendation is just to wait until more members come and see if they can suggest something. We also Netgear representative here hopefully your post will grab attention.

Hi,
just follow the steps :

Open Command Prompt in admin mode (left click run as admin) and type this :

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /all
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset

Restart the computer and it's done

Hope this will help.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online