What's new

unable to connect in N mode using DIR-628

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

T

tahabhai

D-Link DIR 628 to be specific

I have had this wireless router for over a month and just realized that all along I have been connected in g. I verified my WLAN card is N compatible.

Specs:
Router DIR-628
OS Vista SP1
Client Satellite A305
Network adapter Intel Wireless WiFI link 5100

Current Card settings:
802.11n channel width for band 2.4 set to 20MHz
802.11n channel width for band 5.2 set to Auto
802.11n mode set to enabled
Ad Hoc channel 802.11 b/g value 11
Ad Hoc default wireless mode set to 0.802.11b/g
Ad Hoc power management set to disabled
Ad Hoc QoS mode WMM Enabled (changed from disabled...tried switching, no difference)
Fat channel intolerant Disabled
Mixed Mode protection CTS-to-Self Enabled
roaming aggressiveness 3.Medium
Throughput enhancement disabled
Transmit power 5.Highest
Wireless mode 6.802.11 a/b/g (didnt see an option with n)

Any help is appreciated folks!!!

Encryption method WPA2 PSK

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the card connect without wireless security enabled?

Why was the card connected in G mode?

Yes. I have tried connecting it without any security and WEP. Still connects using G.
I have also reset all router settings and started from scratch and get the same results (i.e no results)

What is the indicator that is telling you that the card is connected using 802.11g?

When I open connectivity doctor in vista, it tells me that I am connected as G on my WLAN.
Here's something odd; from what I know, G can only connect upto 54MBPS but my wireless icon says 65 MBPS.. does that tell anyone anything??

Going back to the issue, where else can I verify, other than connectivity doctor to see how i'm connecting.

I knew i came to the right site for answers. Great job Tim and thanks for your help.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online

Members online