What's new

Unable to re-connect to internet via RT-AC66U Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Stan

New Around Here
I have been using my ASUS RT-AC66U router for over a year with great success. Recently I have been trying to remotely connect to an IP Camera. In working with the camera manufacturer we found that the way I had my equipment hooked up was preventing access to the camera.
Currently I use Comcast as my IP. The signal comes in to my modem and then is routed into my Ooma Telo(VOIP) and then onto the ASUS router. This has been working fine for all my downstream equipment. However, we found that the Ooma Telo was blocking the ability to remotely access the camera downstream of the ASUS router. I talked to the Ooma people and they advised that the Ooma could be hooked up downstream of the ASUS router (which would solve the issue with camera). However I have taken the cable from the modem (that previously ran to the Ooma) and now have hooked it up to the ASUS router. I have not been able to get the router to connect to the internet. I have disconnected the cable to both the modem and router, turned both units off, reconnected and then re-stared them both with no luck. What am I missing? Any suggestions?

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!