What's new

Unique, need help setting up new 1 acre system

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Abouna

New Around Here
OK, so I'm ready to completely redo our current network at our church property and need some help. Here's what we have now:

4000sq ft. duplex, side by side, one half is early 20th century stick frame, full plaster, etc. The other half is modern from the last 10 years.

1 acre lot with wifi coverage needed in out buildings approx. 200 ft. away from rectory/parsonage (where the router will be).

Currently running:

Netgear WNDR3400
WAP54G (hard wired to router via switch)
Amped AP300 (hard wired to router via switch)
Several switches here and there.

So my problems are:

- signal isn't all that strong anywhere, let alone 150-200 feet out.
- users constant complaint is that the devices they are using are always switching between APs. Is there a way to make all the APs look the same so the only switching that goes on is when the signal drops off?
- I'd like to upgrade the whole system to something more powerful and I guess integrated instead of all these different brands, etc. I suppose Gigabit wouldn't be bad either.

What I really want is a giant antennae that broadcasts a single signal :D

I was looking at the Netgear WNDR4500 or R6300 and a couple more WN2500RP. Not sure if these are any good or if I want to mess with a draft version of anything though.

i-mNVnG5j-X2.jpg