What's new

USB Hub with RT-AC66u, and general questions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mdb1986

New Around Here
Would Asuswrt firmware for RT-AC66u support a USB hub? The router has 2 USB ports, and I'd like to connect a printer, flash drive, USB hard drive, and scanner.

Also, how dangerous is it to flash this firmware? How does it compare to Tomato as far as functionality. Also interested in how it's QoS is.

Thanks so much!

Would Asuswrt firmware for RT-AC66u support a USB hub? The router has 2 USB ports, and I'd like to connect a printer, flash drive, USB hard drive, and scanner.

USB hubs are not supported.

Also, how dangerous is it to flash this firmware? How does it compare to Tomato as far as functionality. Also interested in how it's QoS is.

Thanks so much!

Check the sticky post in this section for more details about the features.

Flashing is no more dangerous than flashing a regular Asus firmware. Even in the case of a power failure while flashing, you can still use Recovery Mode to reflash a firmware.

QoS functionality is totally unchanged from the original firmware.

Thanks Sir. This is great work you've done. I'll flash the firmware you've put out most recently. So are these the correct steps?

1. Download firmware
2. Extract
3. Rename trx to bin
4. Just flash normally from WebGUI

I don't need to reset to factory defaults, or clear the NVRAM, etc.,? I tried reading the "readme" that comes with the firmware, but it just said "one exception" and then I couldn't find what that was. Want to make sure I'm not going to brick a $200 router.

Also, is there any way with your firmware to get a USB scanner to work when plugged into the USB port?

Thanks!

You don't need to rename it bin. You can flash the trx, just like the asus firmwares.