What's new

VLAN LOT on GT-AXE 16000 with 388.2 possible?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cc666

Very Senior Member
DO I need to goto FW_GT_AXE16000_90061024856 beta firmware or is there a way to have a seperate VLAN with LOT on current 388.2
Merlin firmware?

If its not possible with 388.2 is FW_GT_AXE16000_90061024856 safe as long as I do NOT enable WAN access?

Any help is appreciated.

Charlie

You need the new Asuswrt 5.0 (3.0.0.6) for custom VLANs, but official release is not available yet for your model. The early beta is preview only for testing purposes, not guaranteed to work and about 1.5 years old. You better wait or use available Guest Networks (wireless clients only).

What is "LOT"?
connecting cameras and light switches to a guest network can be a good way to improve security and protect your privacy:

• Protect against hackers
    Connecting IoT devices to a separate network, like a guest network, can help prevent hackers from moving from one device to another on the same network.

• Reduce security vulnerabilities
    Many IoT devices, like smart cameras and thermostats, are known for having security vulnerabilities.

connecting cameras and light switches to a guest network can be a good way to improve security and protect your privacy:

• Protect against hackers
    Connecting IoT devices to a separate network, like a guest network, can help prevent hackers from moving from one device to another on the same network.

• Reduce security vulnerabilities
    Many IoT devices, like smart cameras and thermostats, are known for having security vulnerabilities.
So you mean IoT, not LOT? I thought you had invented a new type of VLAN. 😆