What's new

VLANs ASUS RTN66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheGeneral

New Around Here
So, I am going to start a thread, I am sure there is information on here, but I cannot stand the search on forums. I will also post anything I find.

I am building my network to have a few vlans.

Currently it will contain
Asus Rt-N66U (Router/gateway to the internet.... as well as providing Gig so some of my media centers)
Cisco 3550 (I will not be using routing for my first setup on this layer3 switch, but I will if I need to.)
Raspberry Pi (PBX)

Vlan1 to join DSL modem, to the WAN on the Asus.
Vlan2 = Data Vlan (Media centers, and wifi??)
Vlan3 = Phone
Vlan4 = (If things are possible, I'd rather this vlan as my wifi, and the other as wired)

I had looked at the IPTV stuff.... but I'd rather have a few virtual interfaces on the Asus, and have it handle the routing between the vlans at first. I am looking to use this in a work environment where only layer2 cisco switches are used.

If anyone has done any of this, I appreciate your patience in my lack of search and to point me in the right direction.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online