What's new

VoWifi and NAT Acceleration

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sirzur

Occasional Visitor
I have been trying to get VoWifi working through my GT-AX6000 (with VoLTE already enabled). The router is pretty much standard Asuswrt Merlin, with latest firmware (3004.388.7), NordVPN and a DuckDDNS script. I know that VoWifi works on my phone because I can use VoWifi on another router at another location. On the Asus router, when I make a call with VoWifi enabled on the phone, the call gets through and runs for about 21 seconds before being cut off. I suspect the timing is when VoLTE attempts to hand over to VoWifi.

My phone is on the Telstra network (Australia) and according the page referenced below, I need to disable NAT acceleration. IPSec passthrough is already enabled on the router.. I have also tried with SIP passthrough enabled and also disabled with no success

https://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/telstravolte

My question is whether there is an easy way to disable NAT acceleration and whether there are any suggestions for me to try to get VoWifi