What's new

VPN on AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tdub42

Regular Contributor
I don't believe this is an issue with the router. I am able to connect to vpn using the ip address but I would like to use the asus ddns but using the same login and password it doesn't work. Also when I am connected to my home vpn using ip address I cannot rdp to any of my machines... Can someone be so kind to help me out.

Trawling through the threads here (you cannot search 'VPN' as too short) I think I may have found an answer to my issue from RMerlin to another user on a VPN question. It seems that once you set up an account with ASUS that account is then locked to the router by its MAC address.

As I'm trying to use one on the 68 that I've used previously on my old 66 this is hopefully the cause. So, hopefully just a new account name is required.

I'll confirm later.

Last edited:
Yep - that was all it was for me.
A new ASUS DDNS account name has sorted it.

Are you able to access your home PCs via rdp? And it didn't work for me.

Last edited:
Can vpn with ip but not with asus ddns

Ok I can vpn with the wan ip for my home network but my asus ddns will not work. How do I set this up so I can rdp my home machines. (sorry any help would be appreciated)

***Resolved****

If you are having trouble with your asus ddns (like I was because I have had 4 routers). You need to go to usb application AiDisk and reset and set it new from the prompts there. I did this and got it working.