What's new

WANfailover - doesn't fail back when Cold-Standby?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nexus6

New Around Here
Hi all.. WANfailover is great tool..thanks a lot for all your efforts... I've installed it a couple of days ago to trying to fix a scenario with my router Asus RT-AX88U, but I haven't been able to fix it, even with wan-failover... it is like that: I have the main internet access on WAN0 and on Port 3 (WAN1) a backup 5g solution (modem). The scenario is as follows: I disconnect WAN0 (unplug the ethernet cable). It fails as planned over to WAN1. I then restart the router (as I now and then do...and that's probably the tricky part).. router comes back up and connects again on WAN1 (because the ethernet on WAN0 is still disconnected) . I plugin the ethernet cable to WAN0... expecting it to failback when connected... however, that is then never happening. It will remain on WAN1, no matter how long I wait. The status on the router is "Cold-Standby" on the Primary WAN, connected to the Secondary WAN. It will not fail back, I even tried a "switchwan" in the console. it doesn't do so... in wan-failover status WAN0 is marked as Status: stopped (see picture)... the only way to fail it back is to restart wan-failover... Any ideas?

Attachments

• wanfailover.jpg
    wanfailover.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 4

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!