What's new

WARNING - router is in manufacturing mode, and can behave unexpectedly (did you mess with your bootloader?)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jamesp10

New Around Here
I recently upgraded to Merlin for my RT-AC86U. Immediately after doing so I get this message mentioned previously, every 30seconds:
WARNING - router is in manufacturing mode, and can behave unexpectedly (did you mess with your bootloader?)

I have tried the Nvram commands as discussed in a very old thread with reboot that have been referred to previously but it does not stop the message, either before or after the reboot. It reports ATEMODE being 1 after reboot always, although after running the commands before reboot it does report that as 0 after running the commands to reset it to 0.
Has anyone experienced the same problem after upgrading to merlin?

Do I need to factory reset and start from scratch? (and will this then happen again anyway?)

Thanks

When in doubt factory reset. That's always the way to go and get to a base level.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!