What's new

Web-GUI/ Samba-Shares stopping regularily

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jochenthomas

Occasional Visitor
Hi,
I am experiencing very often that the Samba shares (connected USB HDD) or even the Admin-GUI some times isn't working.
WLAN/IP-Routing is still working, I can SSH and restart the router. Afterwards all is fine again. This is currently the only cure...
BTW: I have a daily reboot cron job...

So, If I am not at home it would be a desaster because of missing access to my files - so how to check what are the reasons for this?
(Firmware-Version:3.0.0.4.260.21 (Merlin build))

BTW: Just seen, but currently less important: http://192.168.1.1/Main_TrafficMonitor_realtime.asp is showing Internet/Cable Traffic, but no WLAN 2,4 or 5 GHz Traffic Monitoring, even Radio Streaming on a Tablet is currently working...

Last edited:
See in the System Log if there are any error message. My first guess would be that your hard disk is being dropped from the router. With all the reports of USB disks randomly dropping, I have come to the conclusion that the USB support of this router is pretty unreliable, it frequently loses access to plugged USB disks. Flash drives seem to be the only reliable drives with this router.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!