What's new

What is the "Ai" in AiMesh?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

snovvman

Regular Contributor
How does Asus' AiMesh apply and utilize presumably artificial intelligence? I have two nodes in addition to the main device. The handoff is not always smooth and I have a few devices with -70 or worse signal. If they would only connect to a closer node, coverage would be better. Roaming assistant seems to create more problems than it helps.

Going back to my question, what is the Ai in Asus' mesh system. It does not seem all that smart.

Thanks!

How does Asus' AiMesh apply and utilize presumably artificial intelligence? I have two nodes in addition to the main device. The handoff is not always smooth and I have a few devices with -70 or worse signal. If they would only connect to a closer node, coverage would be better. Roaming assistant seems to create more problems than it helps.

Going back to my question, what is the Ai in Asus' mesh system. It does not seem all that smart.

Thanks!

Why do you presume artificial intelligence?

OE

Does Ai stand for something else in this case?

I don't know what it stands for. And I don't think it stands for artificial intelligence... I've seen no evidence for that! Even if it stood for Asus intelligent Mesh, I don't see my router thinking and learning. If it does, what a waste every time I have to reset the damn thing to fix it.

The only reason I joined this forum was to make AiMesh work because among the consumer mesh WiFi systems being introduced, I like the AiMesh concept best. I particularly detest the big data mesh systems that require a cloud account and come with multiple terms of service. If you want artificial intelligence, you'll find it in their cloud attached to your home network.

OE

It originally stood for Ay! -I! -Mess (AiMess) doesn't work! But now for most, it has changed to Ayeye! Mesh actually works. :D

Yes, this is the true story. Movie coming out in June 2020. :)

It originally stood for Ay! -I! -Mess (AiMess) doesn't work! But now for most, it has changed to Ayeye! Mesh actually works. :D

Yes, this is the true story. Movie coming out in June 2020. :)

It's just a matter of time before AiMesh supersedes all previous modes of operation.

OE

I don't know what it stands for. And I don't think it stands for artificial intelligence... I've seen no evidence for that! Even if it stood for Asus intelligent Mesh, I don't see my router thinking and learning. If it does, what a waste every time I have to reset the damn thing to fix it.

The only reason I joined this forum was to make AiMesh work because among the consumer mesh WiFi systems being introduced, I like the AiMesh concept best. I particularly detest the big data mesh systems that require a cloud account and come with multiple terms of service. If you want artificial intelligence, you'll find it in their cloud attached to your home network.

OE

Or more "Asus Intelligent" band selecting as per:

https://www.asus.com/microsite/AiMesh/en/index.html

Asus has been using the Ai* marketing branding for a long time, all the way back to their motherboards.

Last edited:
They put it in front of just every feature of their devices: https://www.speedmagazine.ph/first-look-ai-powered-asus-zenfone-5-with-specs-price/
AiCloud
AiProtection
AiMesh (or AiMess)
Ai-featured
Ai-powered
Ai-Suite
Ai-charger
Ai-tweaker
AiDisk
AiRemote
Simply A for artificial and Asus at the same time Intelligence powered by AiMarketing!

Yes it is meant to be Artificial Intelligence (believe it or not I dont know too): https://www.asus.com/News/SEuhffhnFwwU4gqA

Those links and your statement do not prove that Ai means artificial intelligence and that AiMesh uses AI to improve networking.

However, that last link does suggest that Asus is working on big data cloud AI for their homeland that could have IoT data collection in the home, so AiMesh may still one day succumb to invading our privacy and freedom.

OE

I think at least today asus marketing wants it to be translated with Artificial Inteligence: https://www.asus.com/Project-Precog/

Marketing, yes, but I don't see it affecting how AiMesh operates.

As for that link... what a headache for the user... their PC and apps doing stuff on its own that the developer predetermines will benefit the user. Windows 10 can't even provide basic manual controls for the user to use while live tiles are off doing stuff nobody needs done. Good riddance live tiles!

It's a shame the next generation of Microsoft developers come along and make a mess of things that already work.

OE

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!