What's new

What is the Importance of Total Simultaneous Throughput?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

milkmandan

New Around Here
I realize this is probably a pretty noobish question and it may not even be the right area, so I am apologizing ahead of time.

This is in regards to routing performance for many of the tested wireless routers on SNB.
As the title says:
- What is the Importance of Total Simultaneous Throughput for routers?
- How does having very high Simultaneous Throughput help in daily use?
- How does having low Simultaneous Throughput hurt daily use?

As an active user that has consistent downloads and uploads running constantly on the network through a Fiber connection (not 1Gbps yet), would I be affected greatly if I went with a router with lower simultaneous throughput (<700Mbps)?

*I see on many of the product reviews from SNB that Simultaneous Throughput may sometimes be even lower than individual downlink/uplink measurements. Why is that?

Last edited:
A router with significantly higher throughput (either simultaneous or unidirectional) does not provide a benefit.

If your connection is 100/100, all you need is that plus, say 5-10% for margin from a router.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!