What's new

When is XT8 end of life?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thalador

Occasional Visitor
Hey all. I have a set of XT8's that have been working well, but I am wondering when they will become EOL. I can't find anything on ASUS's website regarding this, so thought I would ask here. Want to know when I should start thinking of replacements or upgrades.

Thanks!

No one here knows either. EoL doesn't mean you have to replace the set on the next day.

No one here knows either. EoL doesn't mean you have to replace the set on the next day.
Understood, just trying to keep things in perspective. I work in IT and it always seems things like this sneak up on us and then we panic because we don't have the budget or know what other products to go with.

If you work in IT and worry about security perhaps there is better equipment for you than consumer gear.

Quite a few folks around migrated to separate firewall, switching and access points to get out of this planned obsolescence loop. Your XT8 hardware is very similar to what Asus is now offering as new ExpertWiFi models, but your XT8 will never be upgraded to Asuswrt 5.0 for marketing reasons.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!