What's new

Which VPN Providers provide Wireguard config files

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pusb87

Regular Contributor
I have recently purchased a RT-AX88U Pro as an upgrade from AC86U ( which I am now using for AiMesh) and looking to use Wireguard for VPN Clients.

My current VPN provider is PIA but there doesn't seem an easy way to get Wireguard config files from them so I am asking users here which VPN provider's do provide Wireguard config files.
( I am aware Surfshark do )

TIA for any suggestions

Yes, thanks for that but I was already aware of those sites from previous searches. Far to complicated for me I'm afraid.

I'm simply looking for other alternative VPN providers, like Surfshark, who provide the facility to create the config files on their website.
My provider is AirVPN, and they provide OpenVPN configuration files, as well as Wireguard ones, among other facilities, like dns filter or port forwarding.

Greetings.

Last edited:
I have recently purchased a RT-AX88U Pro as an upgrade from AC86U ( which I am now using for AiMesh) and looking to use Wireguard for VPN Clients.

My current VPN provider is PIA but there doesn't seem an easy way to get Wireguard config files from them so I am asking users here which VPN provider's do provide Wireguard config files.

TIA for any suggestions
I use both TorGuard and Mullvad for WireGuard VPN

i.e. Mullvad has flexible options to configure a WireGuard peer profile (e.g. Country+City+Server) and a useful GUI to revoke peer profiles

1717923231961.png

1717922228611.png

Whilst TorGuard has less configuration options (Country+limited City)

1717922500521.png

Last edited:

TIA for any suggestions
Strong VPN has downloadable Wireguard configuration files that can be run on ASUS routers. There have been issues in the past (not sure about currently) where running Wireguard clients disabled hardware acceleration which becomes important if your ISP download speed approaches a gig. This is/ was an issue with all VPN providers if you run Wireguard and not Open VPN.