What's new

Which Wireless Setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chand-o

New Around Here
Hi All

I currently have a Netgear Pr2000 which i use for my general travel with work at various hotels etc and its great.

I am building a media center for my Land Rover using a Raspberry Pi and would like to include a wireless network for various reasons. The PR2000 is a goo choice but I am after something slightly better.

What i would like to do is be able to connect an external antenna so i can have a better range when connecting to campsites etc wifi which is something the PR2000 cant do. Also I would like the option to plug in a USB modem so i can access data when i am way from wifi. Again sadly this is something the PR2000 cant do.

The last thing if possible is have the router run dd-wrt or similar and not cost the earth. The iBoost system http://www.motorhomewifi.com/product/iboost-d8-directional-system/ is roughly what I want but not at that cost for such a basic router.

Can anyone recommend a good router? If it works well my parents would like to use one in there motohome.

Cheers

Matt

There is DOVADO PRO AC or DOVADO TINY AC both takes 4G/3G USB modem/Gigabit Ethernet, Dovado routers support USB modems for 4G/LTE and 3G mobile broadband. Simply insert a modem into your Dovado router, and share the Internet connection via WiFi in no time!