What's new

Wi-Fi devices randomly disconnect every few months

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BNolet

New Around Here
I'm investigating an intermittent issue where all Wi-Fi devices disconnect but the LAN seems to remain functional.

I have a lot of Wi-Fi connected light bulbs, along with the regular home stuff like an Apple TV and a gaming PC.

The network will chug along just fine for weeks and sometimes months on end without problems but then suddenly I'll wake up or come home from work and all devices have disconnected from the Wi-Fi, without being able to re-connect on their own.

I have yet to investigate by connecting to the LAN and logging into the router to check the logs but I can't leave it not functioning as I've got the family to keep connected to the internet and I can't keep the network offline while I do my thing. So I've set up rsyslog and I'll have those logs for next time.

In the meantime, what suggestions do ya'll have to look for, specifically, in the logs, aside from the obvious dissoc messages?

As well, I keep seeing this line, which according to other threads, seems to be when the wireless interface is restarting? But this log happens multiple times a minute sometimes, which seems weird.

Code:
Jul 25 19:45:27 RT-AC66U_B1-5C80-0F4C6BD-C dnsmasq-script[245]: json_object_from_file: error opening file /jffs/nmp_vc_json.js: No such file or directory

Edit: The firmware version is 3.0.0.4.386_51668-gc12f3e8. I see there's an update, which I will certainly apply, but still please, looking for suggestions :)

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!