What's new

Wicens script

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

northumberland

Regular Contributor
Tonight I get an email with the following, completely unexpected. Where can I find out what caused the reboot, and was it really a script ran with the option 'reboot'?

*** NOTICE ***Your RT-AX88U router @ 192.168.2.1 has rebooted Current router uptime : 0d 0h 0m 55secUptime saved prior to reboot : 6d 19h 36m 58sec * +/- 11 mins----------------------------------------------------------Message sent: Jul 20 2024 19:25:30
Script ran with option : reboot
A message from wicens script v4.02 on your RT-AX88U----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Check your system log. Wicens sends the reboot notification when services-start is ran which my understanding is only ran when the router starts up.

Either your router rebooted or some other script is manually running services-start for whatever reason. You'd be best to search and/or post your system log for more information.

It means you activated the wicens script to notify you through email when your router is rebooting. It does mean your router rebooted for some reasons and the script notified you.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!