What's new

WiFi Agile Multiband

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

muso31

New Around Here
hi all, I have enabled WiFi Agile Multiband on 2.4GHz and 5GHz as features such as bandwidth over loading balancing are useful for those bands. But there's also an option to enable this on the dedicated backhaul. Does anybody know if there's a reason to enable it for the 5GHz backhaul?

Also I have 'Auto select channel including DFS channels' disabled for 2.4 & 5GHz but this is enabled for the backhaul. Is it best to disable that on the 5GHz backhaul? Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    138 KB · Views: 163
Welcome to the forums @muso31.

Your testing, in your Wi-Fi environment, will determine the proper settings for you.

This isn't something that can be definitely recommended (or not).

Keep good notes on how the network is working, now. Change one setting at a time and use the network over an extended period (a week is optimal if you're not in a rush), making sure to keep your notes up to date. Add another change until you've tested all the combinations and permutations, you're comfortable with.

At the end of the testing, your notes will help you confirm what settings are important and/or necessary for your network and Wi-Fi environment (and your specific client devices), today.

I thought wifi agile was for IoT devices. In other words if you don't have any, the setting is not in play one way or the other.

I thought wifi agile was for IoT devices. In other words if you don't have any, the setting is not in play one way or the other.
I thought so too which is why it seems unusual to have it enabled on a backhaul. Seems to be a default setting on the XT8 mesh

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!