What's new

WiFi Analyzer Data

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

liamtoh1

Occasional Visitor
Can someone please help me what do these numbers in the parentheses mean?

CH 7 (9) or CH 157 (155). I know that the numbers before the parentheses are WiFi Channel number.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200509-203756_WiFiAnalyzer.jpg
    Screenshot_20200509-203756_WiFiAnalyzer.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 319
That is the extended channel when connected above 20MHz bandwidth.

Can someone please help me what do these numbers in the parentheses mean?

CH 7 (9) or CH 157 (155). I know that the numbers before the parentheses are WiFi Channel number.

The easiest would be to email the App developer?

L&LD / K-2SO - Thanks for the information.

@K-2SO CH 7 (9) is not indicating an extension channel of 11. :)

CH 7 (9) is not indicating an extension channel of 11.

Not very common representation for 2.4GHz band, but Channel 9 @40Mhz is in fact Ch.7 to Ch.11. Same as Ch.155 representing 4 channels. See Wiki for details. I agree, Analyzer app is confusing for average users.

You're misreading the Wiki. :)

I'm surprised you keep mixing up the units. :)

@K-2SO is correct. It would be simpler to just say that the number the app shows inside the brackets is the centre channel. That's the usual representation for 5GHz but not so usual for 2.4GHz (where 7+11 might be used instead).

@ColinTaylor and @K-2SO thank you. :)

I'm always learning, but sometimes it needs to be beaten into my head for it to stick. :)

@K-2SO is correct. It would be simpler to just say that the number the app shows inside the brackets is the centre channel. That's the usual representation for 5GHz but not so usual for 2.4GHz (where 7+11 might be used instead).
Thanks. For an average user like me, this was the most clearest/simplest explanation i.e. center channel due to extension channel used when you use channel bandwidth of 40MHz or 80 MHz. :)

Thanks again to everyone for their replies.

Here is how WiFi Analyzer shows channels in 2.4GHz band:

Untitled7.jpg

Image above is from DD-WRT Wiki.
May be useful for future reference and forum search results.

That makes things as clear as mud. :)