What's new

WiFi issues GT-AXE11000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

i5Js

Regular Contributor
Hello all,

I have an GT-AXE16000 as main router using Merlin, 3004.388.7 and an GT-AX1000 as mesh node using the same version.

A friend has borrowed me an GT-AXE11000 meanwhile he is moving, and I have added it as mesh node, and I see all my devices can only connect to the GT-AXE11000 to 802.11n and 216Mbps. I have removed it from the mesh network, and setup it as a stand alone, and it works as expected, 802.11AX and up to 1300 MBps.

I have cleaned the settings, WPS reset method too, but nothing works, after adding it back to my mesh network, it happens again.

If I move my laptop close to the GT-AX11000, it connects fine, 802.11ax and top speed.

is there known issues about this router and mesh networks?

Thanks in advanced,

Last edited:
When asking for help make sure you mention correct model numbers, speeds and connections. Your thread title is about AXE11000 (Asus GT-AXE11000?), your description of existing network is AX1000 node (Asus GT-AX11000?), 802.11n 2.4GHz at 216Mbps link speeds is possible only to rare 3-stream client and you are definitely not getting 1300MBps over any Wi-Fi standard.

So what exactly happens again when connected to what router and with what client on what band?

Hello @Tech9 Thanks for jumping here. I have edit the post, you're right.

My exiting network was GT-AXE16000 as main router and a mesh node, GT-AX11000. Recently I have added a second node, GT-AXE11000.

So, basically, all the devices I have, when they are connected to the GT-AXE11000 only use the band 2.4Ghz. However, when I move them close the the GT-AXE16000 or GT-AX11000 they use all the bands, most of the time, 5Ghz 802.11ax at 1300Mbps.

Thanks again.

Is your setup wired or wireless? This mix of hardware can't have dedicated wireless backhaul. Your GT-AX11000 doesn't have 6GHz band, your GT-AXE11000 has one only 5GHz band. This perhaps forces your main GT-AXE16000 router to use shared 5GHz backhaul to both of your nodes effectively eliminating the advantage of dedicated wireless backhaul. This is the first issue I see - device compatibility. Fix this and your system may start working properly. Why your main router currently serves clients on 2.4GHz only - I don't know. AiMesh configuration with 2x dedicated wireless backhaul bands is unlikely. You are testing unexplored AiMesh territory.

Hey, thanks!

The backhaul is with ethernet. I'm going to disable 802.11ax / WiFi 6 mode in 2.4ghz setup.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!