What's new

WiFi speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

panther427

New Around Here
I'm curious As to what people are getting On the 5Ghz band under ideal conditions versus there wired speed. Specifically On the ac68 and ac87 models. How close are they to each other.

I'm curious As to what people are getting On the 5Ghz band under ideal conditions versus there wired speed
Hi,

On both of my routers I get full speed of my internet connection (150/15 MBit) on both wireless bands (2.4 and 5 GHz). :rolleyes:

On the 2.4 GHz band I have constant 300 MBit connections (with 40 MHz bandwidth) and on the 5 GHz band I have up to 433 MBit connections (depending on the client/device capabilities). :p

With my CAT6 cable based 1 GBit home network I get up to 900 MBit transfer rates from my home server to the wired PCs... :eek:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Well I can tell you with my AC87 when I do a speedtest on speedtest.net for internet speeds, over wired I will get about 190-200 down and over wifi in perfect conditions I will get 180 down over 5GHz.

I'm curious As to what people are getting On the 5Ghz band under ideal conditions versus there wired speed. Specifically On the ac68 and ac87 models. How close are they to each other.

The issues with the 87U series are mostly around stability..

Haven't heard any issues about outright speed/range - so the AC68U/AC87U should be about the same as most clients are either 802.11n or 802.11ac, and 3-streams at most, most 802.11ac clients either being AC866/AC433 or N300/N150 in the 5GHz band (some N clients might see N450/Ac1300 there, but again, not dependent on AC87U or AC68U)

A Samsung Galaxy S5 capable up to 802.11ac, connected to a RT-AC68U with latest stock firmware in October 2015 about 25 feet away and one wall separating them, reported speeds around 200Mbps on 2.4 Ghz and around 300Mbps (up to 370Mbps once) on 5.0 Ghz.

I'm getting 217Mb on 2.4GHz and 1050mb on 2 bridged Asus RT-AC87u's on 5Ghz. Interested in trying MU-MIMO when i update to Asuswrt-Merlin: 378.56_2 tomorrow, currently on 378.54_2.

Last edited:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!