What's new

Wireless Access Point that connect to a WI-FI and create another Wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

aleroot

New Around Here
Hi,
I wish to buy an access point that will allow me to connect to a certain wifi and then allows to create another wifi(another routed network) that allows me to access the internet from the main WIFI .

Basically I have a big wifi (lets call it BWIFI) that has internet access and I want to setup another wifi (lets call it CWIFI)network that connects to this main WIFI to get internet access but users from bigWifi are not able to access the network resources from CWIFI . Is it possible ?

Can you suggest me a good access point that will allow me to do that (not too expensive if possible ) ?

Hi,
I wish to buy an access point that will allow me to connect to a certain wifi and then allows to create another wifi(another routed network) that allows me to access the internet from the main WIFI .

Basically I have a big wifi (lets call it BWIFI) that has internet access and I want to setup another wifi (lets call it CWIFI)network that connects to this main WIFI to get internet access but users from bigWifi are not able to access the network resources from CWIFI . Is it possible ?

Can you suggest me a good access point that will allow me to do that (not too expensive if possible ) ?

Many travel routers will do exactly this...

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!