What's new

Wireless IP camera for the condo

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Karlista

Occasional Visitor
I also bought the Linksys IP wireless camera from Best Buy for the condo. Could not get it to work. Took it back for a refund. Can someone provide a recommendation for a decent IP wirless camera for under $200.00 that can connect to my 610N wireless router?

Thanks

What's your definition of decent? Which features do you absolutely need? I have yet to find a good wireless ip camera under $200 which is anything other than gimick. If in good lighting conditions you simply want to know that someone is breaking into you your house and not be able to identify them then just go for the cheapest option e.g.Panasonic BL-C1 ... There aren't a great number of usefull differences between a $100 ip cam and a $180 ip cam.

If you want something good check these out: http://www.networkwebcams.com/index.php?cPath=35 .... they're pretty much at the limit of your budget, but definately worth it.

Thanks for the replies. I want a decent camera that will monitor by new condo and be able to transmit somewhat of a quality picture over the internet so I can monitor the place remotely. I don't mind spendng the money as long as the product is worth it and performs. From the web site you provided, are you recommending Axis?

Thanks

Axis M1031-W

I just purchased the Axis M1031-W at the suggestion of an Axis technical rep, not a salesman. It is one of their newer cameras. They explained the 207-W model is just about maxed out and cannot be upgraded with firmware updates any further. I will post an update once I install it and let it work for a while. If you shop around a little, you can get a very good price.

Just received the Axis 1031-W

The performance of this camera is outstanding. Picture, sound, and remote viewing via the internet are all top notch. I paid $269, which I think is a little high, but compared to the other cameras I have tried so far, I am glad I made the purchase. FYI.