What's new

wireless router that works with nook & Comcast ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

expatCanuck

New Around Here
Greetings -

We live in a 100-year-old brownstone apartment that's about 60 feet from end to end. Unfortunately, we have to place the wireless router near one end of the apt.

The Comcast internet connection comes through an Arris TM504g cable modem, currently attached to a Netgear WNR-2000, which gets dodgy beyond ~40 feet, and tends to drop connections as often as not (for no other reason than it's evil & malicious).

And it absolutely will not work with my B&N nook simple touch (the nook 'sees' the wireless connection, and can connect to it, but won't successfully establish a usable internet connection).

On the receiving end, we've successfully connected a 2-year-old MacBook Pro, a Lenovo X220, a Toshiba NB305-410, and a PC desktop using a TP-Link WN722N (150Mbps) adapter (replacing an RT-something or other that I stepped on). So I can say with some confidence that the WNR2000 has been known to work with a variety of hardware.

So -- I'm looking for a replacement router that:
1) can generate a reliable wireless connection
2) 50 feet or more (through a wall or two)
3) will successfully connect my nook & Comcast

Insight most welcome.

Thanks kindly,

- Richard

Last edited:
You should focus primarily on range then, most should connect to nook - there's nothing unique about it so you'd have to check/try to see if there were issues.

Suggestions:
ASUS RT-N66U (best range for routers I tested)
Cisco EA3500
Cisco E4200v2/EA4500

Cisco tends to be a little easier to set up and a little less buggy in reviews, but the ASUS model has the best hardware and better range.

After further research, I found this post.

I reset the password on my router to be the same as on my nook,
and was able to connect.

It shouldn't have to be that way, but whatever works, works.