What's new

WLAN rejected

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

siri_uk

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys,

I'm pulling my hair out trying to track down a mac on my system, I am getting this error on my netgear X10, running the latest voxel firmware :-

WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC address d0:ae:ec:51:e2:96, Monday, October 26, 2020 05:01:26

I have been through every component that connects to WLAN but cannot find this. In a mac vendor search it shows as alpha networks Inc. Anyone any ideas it's driving me nuts.

TIA

Pointless going bald or fretting, your system rejected an unknown, unauthorised device so there is nothing to worry about , your security settings did their job.

Alpha make many consumer devices , GPON's, routers. WiFi and IP cameras etc. Maybe somebody close by turned a device on and it tried to use your WiFi , it failed to connect and you see the notice in your log.

Last edited:
Pointless going bald or fretting, your system rejected an unknown, unauthorised device so there is nothing to worry about , your security settings did their job.

Alpha make many consumer devices , GPON's, routers. WiFi and IP cameras etc. Maybe somebody close by turned a device on and it tried to use your WiFi , it failed to connect and you see the notice in your log.

Thank you I appreciate your reply.