What's new

WNDR3700 Heat

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fritodog

New Around Here
Tim or others that own this box, how hot does it run (wasn't mentioned in Tim's review)? Other boxes with GigE apparently run hot as pointed out in reviews here and elsewhere. A lot of failures are reported on the E3000 and the DIR-655 is also reported as running very hot.

Is Netgear design any better for handling heat? Also, any opinion on vertical or wall mounting in terms of heat dissipation?

My WNDR3700 doesn't run very warm at all. But I don't use many of the switch ports. Just one to uplink to my main LAN switches.

The vertical orientation definitely helps airflow.

I have a wndr3700 at home never had any heat issues with it so far, only using on of the lan ports as the core of my gear is attached to a procurve 1810 switch instead.

It's also horizontal on my desk and has been without a reboot since april 2010.
Great little router no issues with it.

Mine is put through some heavy loads at GB-speeds, and I can't say that it feels "hot" or "more warm" than anything else I've used. It stays at a moderate temperature.

-joho

Mine is mounted vertically. There are no heat issues at all. I have a gigabit switch hanging off it, but I'm using both wireless bands typically with 4 or 5 connected devices.