What's new

WNDR3700 more 5ghz throughput than e2000?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kakashisensei

New Around Here
I have a refurb e2000 running dd-wrt and using it as 802.11n 5ghz @ 40mhz. The specs say it has 2 tx/rx antennas and 1 rx antenna.

Testing using my laptop, using a bigfoot 1102 wifi (max 2 antennas), I can transfer at an avg rate of 92 Mbps to my nas. But when sending a file to my laptop, the avg rate is only 48 Mbps. I tested with a intel 5300 wifi that has 3 antennas, and the huge discrepancy between sending and receiving was also experienced.

To me it makes sense since the router has 1 more receiving antenna. I am in need of another gigabit router anyways and I am trying to avoid spending more than $70. I can get a refurb wndr3700v1 for $55. Does anyone know if that has 3 tx/rx antennas on 5ghz? Is there perhaps another router that is better and under $70?

Thanks.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!