What's new

WNDR3800 online gaming problems?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

unopepito06

New Around Here
Hello all. About a month ago we purchased 2 WNDR3800s from costco to replace our aging WRT54G. We got 2 to set up a wireless bridge between our house downstairs and a "mother-in-law" quarters upstairs, about 35 feet, through a few walls. The WRT54G was not getting great throughput, but every other option (powerline, running cat5) seems to be prohibitively difficult, so we decided on trying a wireless bridge.

Now, the signal is still not great, and I will probably be forced to run ethernet outside, but for the time being, I have taken the second (bridge) router out of the equation and am just connecting wirelessly to the base.

The problem has stemmed from trying to use xbox live. I have tried just about everything, but I can't get my NAT type on the xbox 360 to Open. I'm using a static IP on the 360, have forwarded all the relevant ports, I have checked "Disable SIP ALG" and "Disable Port Scan and DoS Protection" a suggestion I found scouring forums, but to no avail, my NAT is still set to Moderate.

Now today I tried playing online with a Nintendo dslite and 3DS, and I'm getting what appears to be a firewall error code. I'm at the end of my rope, everything worked just fine with the Linksys, but there's something going on with the Netgear that's tripping me up. I am no networking expert, so I have no idea where else to turn.

I am ready to take these things back and get something different entirely, but I wanted to ask here to see if anyone has experienced anything similar. If I can't get it fixed, I will be making a b-line for the Buying Suggestions forum, problem is in looking around at buying something else, everyone seems to suggest or compare to the WNDR3700!

Hoping someone can save the day. :D