What's new

WOWLAN re-revisited... router reboot wakes computer via AC 3168 wireless card.

• Thread starter Deleted member 27741
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

D

Deleted member 27741

I come back to WOWLAN once in awhile hoping I can get it working. It works perfectly, perhaps too well since it keeps unintentionally waking up from two things-

1) GTK rekeying (I mitigate this issue by changing the GTK rekey interval on the router since my AC 3168 wireless card does not seem to be able to GTK rekey without waking despite settings that suggest otherwise).

2) Router reboot causes the computer to wake up via WOWLAN (this is may also occur because of a GTK rekey event during rebooting that the wireless card is not able to sleep through).

I ask this question here because I thought some of you may be able to hypothesize what is happening when the router reboots-

Is it really a GTK rekey type of event that is causing the computer to wake from WOWLAN when it reboots? Or is there some other process during rebooting the router that might be waking the card?

Maybe I need to pull another switch or setting to get the wireless card to sleep through a GTK rekey event- could there be some sort of OS dependencies or advanced settings in the card that are needed?

Under the AC 3168 wireless card settings I have-

under advanced settings:

GTK rekeying for WoWLAN Enabled
NS offload for WoWLAN Enabled
Sleep on WoWLAN Disconnect Disabled
Wake on Magic Packet Enabled
Wake on Pattern Match Disabled

under power management:
Allow the computer to turn off this device checked
Allow this device to wake the computer checked
Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer checked

Last edited by a moderator:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!