What's new

WRT1900ACS V2 Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just got mine. No idea if it's a V1 or V2. On the side of the box it says "WRT1900ACS-EU" and slightly above that "8830-22863 Rev. A00". Probably wont really know until I see what firmware is installed. I somehow suspect the new revision has something to do with the new regulations that Linksys is complying with.

Just got mine. No idea if it's a V1 or V2. On the side of the box it says "WRT1900ACS-EU" and slightly above that "8830-22863 Rev. A00". Probably wont really know until I see what firmware is installed. I somehow suspect the new revision has something to do with the new regulations that Linksys is complying with.

Did you check the bottom sticker? Mine says V1.

Did you check the bottom sticker? Mine says V1.

Yeah... just unboxed it and checked the bottom. It's a V2. I have no idea what changes have been made from the V1. Slightly worrying and somewhat curious for me. I'll drop a note to Linksys and see what they have to say about it.

I talked to someone on their chat. Apparently no hardware change. But, as I suspected, the new revision is made to comply with the new regulations. They had no other information to offer.

Make a note of the FCCID... let's see where that lands in regards to the WRT1900ac variants..

Linksys has no clue what has been added or taken away from the past router. I'm still trying to get info from my Linksys POC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk