What's new

XT12 IP Passthrough DHCPS-fixed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

clinchas

New Around Here
Hoping someone else has seen this and give me some guidance.

Configuration:
Internet Provider: AT&T Fiber with HUMAX BGW320-500 in IP Passthrough mode (DHCPS-fixed)
Internal Router: ASUS XT12 in Wireless router mode / AiMesh Router mode, running Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.8_2, DHCP query frequency set to Aggressive mode

Issue:
Since upgrading my XT12 to 3004.388.8_2, periodically (sometimes weeks, maybe more) my XT12 WAN IP will become a 192.168.2.x address, which is a small 10 IP address range set on the BGW320-500. I have to have DHCP enabled or else IP Passthrough options become greyed out on the BGW320-500. I could set the BGW320-500 to manual DHCP mode but I worry if AT&T does ever change my WAN IP it will break my internet connection until I reconfigure the XT12 (no different than it randomly breaking my external connections now I guess when the random 192.168.2.x IP issue occurs, internal to external connectivity still works when the 192.168.2.x WAN IP occurs). Reapplying the WAN settings on the XT12 resolves the issue (a WAN address is applied).