What's new

XT12 WiFI band assignment to specific device(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RetiredInFl

New Around Here
Is there a way somewhere in the GUI to assign a specific WiFi band to a specific device by MAC? I am unable to configure 2 devices because they only work on 2.4G band and the company says I have to disable the other bands which is absurd. Every other 2.4G device (probably over 20 of them) have no issue.

I have the main router and 1 mesh node both XT12

Is there a way somewhere in the GUI to assign a specific WiFi band to a specific device by MAC? I am unable to configure 2 devices because they only work on 2.4G band and the company says I have to disable the other bands which is absurd. Every other 2.4G device (probably over 20 of them) have no issue.

Yes, define different SSIDs per band and assign your clients to the preferred band/SSID... manual band steering by you.

I use same SSIDs (Smart Connect) and my 2.4 clients connect to the 2.4 SSID, no problem.

OE

I agree, all my, probably 20, connect without problem. This device (Flume Water Monitor) seems to have issues. Was hoping to avoid using multiple SSIDs just for these 2 WiFi bridges but that might be a thought just to test my theory although I would have runaround and change the WiFI connection on a sh1tload of 2.4G devices. :)

I agree, all my, probably 20, connect without problem. This device (Flume Water Monitor) seems to have issues. Was hoping to avoid using multiple SSIDs just for these 2 WiFi bridges but that might be a thought just to test my theory although I would have runaround and change the WiFI connection on a sh1tload of 2.4G devices. :)

Given the dumb response from the company, my guess is that the device will not connect period, or give you other trouble.

OE

Set up a guest SSID just for use by these two devices on 2.4 ghz and see if you can get them to connect. You can use a single SSID and or smart connect for the rest of your devices.

Set up a guest SSID

If the device has compatibility issues Guest SSID won't work. It's a virtual interface using the same 2.4GHz radio settings. I actually searched for issues around this specific device and found many people are actually using it. Perhaps something about AX specific settings for 2.4GHz band is the issue.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!