What's new

Solved YazFi Offline Install

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Siff

New Around Here
Hi All,
I would like to check whether I can install YazFi without the router being connected to Internet, i.e.: download the latest release from GitHub, transfer it to the router and then set it up. (I searched the forum, but didn't find anything)

What I'm trying to do is to set up a new router up as much as possible before connecting it to the modem and replacing my main router.

Thank you!

A possible suggestion. Why not connect the new router's WAN port to the existing router's LAN port. Let the new router obtain an IP address, then SSH into the new router and install YazFi. Then disconnect the new router and continue configuring it as needed. You can then reconfigure the WAN section if needed when connecting to the modem.

PS: If I remember right (and looking at the https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jackyaz/YazFi/master/YazFi.sh script) YazFi pulls several files from the jackyaz's online repository during installation.

Thanks! I’ll give that a try. I have to dig out my Ethernet hub, though since all ports on the current router are in use. 😕

Thanks! I’ll give that a try. I have to dig out my Ethernet hub, though since all ports on the current router are in use. 😕
It takes less than a minute to install yazfi. When one port isn't being used by lan clients disconnect and connect new router. Install yazfi then disconnect and reconnect the existing cable to old router.