What's new

YES! YES! YES! EUREKA! RBS50 Unbricked! :-)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thomasx

Occasional Visitor
I MANAGED TO UNBRICK MY RBS50! :D:D:D

Here's a short description of how I did it.

I turned off Wifi on my PC. (Important to avoid any network issues)
I connected to the RBS50 with the serial console.
I also connected the RBS50 to my PC with an ethernet cable, connected to the LAN port closest to the power connector on the RBS50

Turned on the RBS50
Aborted the boot process when asked to in the serial console.
I then ran fw_recovery in the console and then the RBS50 went into Update mode. (if i remember correctly that's what it was called)
Be careful to notice what IP address and Port the RBS informs that it is listening on when it enters Update mode. It can be 192.168.1.250, or 192.168.1.1 or something else.
Mine was 192.168.1.1 and port 69.

So I gave my PC the IP adress 192.168.1.10 so it is on the same subnet as the RBS
I then uploaded the image with tftp to the address and port the RBS said it was listening on.

After that my RBS50 worked fine again and could sync with the RBR50 router.

Before this I tried a lot with nmrpflash without any success at all.

Last edited:
After all the struggle I have had with my Orbi system, one router and three satellites, for a long time, and the struggle trying to un-brick this one satellite, I can hardly believe it is all up and running again, in a stable fashion, but it seems it is.

Now let's hold our thumbs it stays this way.

Next step for me will be looking into converting the whole system to Voxels build of OpenWRT. I need to read up on that first so I undersand better what it is, how it works and what it involve in risk and workload.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!