What's new

4G-AC68u Update modem firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lazyme

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

could anyone advice how to update a modem firmware on 4G-Ac68u? Manual refers to corresponding section in the UI, however on my router, with a current firmware 3.0.0.4.384.82230 instead of section for modem firmware I see section for AIMesh nodes. Maybe some terminal command?

Thanks

Don't worry about the 4G modem side, the carriers will push OTA updates for the modem if needed...

could anyone advice how to update a modem firmware on 4G-Ac68u?

There is no separate modem firmware update. When needed it's included in firmware file.

1714783111470.png

There is separate modem firmware on the support site, latest I see ASUS 4G-AC86U Modem Firmware version A21_02_001. Inside archive there is a set of files , with different extensions (
mbn, xml, ubi, etc) . Fixed disconnection issue from incomplete packet error of base station side on several ISP and made 4G-AC86U more resilient.

On router UI I see modem software version WWHC050_EU.D61.04.A04,which seems to be quite outdated.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!