What's new

Solved Cannot add node into AiMesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You've responded to an old post. In many cases you can join AiMesh over WiFi now, although there is the possibility that some combinations may still not work.

I had the expectation that it would be possible to "pair" over wifi

I don't have RT-AC86Us to test with, sorry. Use whatever method works for you. The post you quoted is >1 year old, the firmware was updated few times since then.

Thank you. I had the expectation that it would be possible to "pair" over wifi; and even that it would be required to do so... Connecting through Ethernet first was "first time right". Thanks again. (2 x AC86U: 1 Merlin and 1 Asus Official)
It's funny how communication can go sometimes.
I just wanted to say "thank you" and show my appreciation for a simple tip from Tech9 that saved me some time and some sanity. (I also appreciated that the tip was straightfoward and didn't require unexpected settings, multiple reboots etc.)
I'm aware the thread is old, and the tip is old. But my config exists today, and the tip solved my problem today. So my "thank you" was fresh.
Maybe I should just "like" the post next time.
Have a nice weekend everyone

It's funny how communication can go sometimes.
I just wanted to say "thank you" and show my appreciation for a simple tip from Tech9 that saved me some time and some sanity. (I also appreciated that the tip was straightfoward and didn't require unexpected settings, multiple reboots etc.)
I'm aware the thread is old, and the tip is old. But my config exists today, and the tip solved my problem today. So my "thank you" was fresh.
Maybe I should just "like" the post next time.
Have a nice weekend everyone
Looks like someone actually used Search function! ;)